How to Get Unstuck and Move Forward
Are you moving toward your goals or away from them?
Here are ten tips that can help you create the life you desire.
1. Take some time to decide what you want (this isn't what parents, your boss or significant wants but what do YOU want?). You are guaranteed success if you can see what you want and move toward what you see. What is important to you? Who are you becoming? How will this desire serve others?
2. Use visual reminders of your desire. Get some magazines and cut out pictures related to your desire. Put them where you'll see them on a regular basis, like on your bathroom mirror, in your wallet, next to your computer screen, or on a poster board. I have my pictures posted on the wall next to my bed so that the last thing I see at night and the first thing I see in the morning is the visual reminder of my desire.
3. Set clear goals with clear timelines. Write down what the goal is, how you will know when you have achieved it, and a date when you will have achieved it.
4. Take inspired action. When an opportunity presents itself that fits with your vision, respond to it immediately. Don’t second guess yourself. If you feel a leap in your spirit and you now that this opportunity fits in well with your desire, don’t wait, don’t hesitate – take the opportunity that is presented to you.
5. Raise your energy level by focusing on two things: 1) Ways you can view this project as fun and enjoyable 2) Viewing the end product; once you finish this project, what wonderful benefits will you reap?
6. Help your mind help you by filling it with reading that will inspire and move you forward toward the life of your dreams. Read books, listen to audio programs, and watch videos that educate, motivate, uplift and inspire you. Go to seminars (live or virtual) related to your desire. Gain great inspiration from reading about people who have overcame everything to be successful doing or being what you desire to do or be.
7. Get out of the way. Fear makes us afraid to step out of our comfort zone; even if doing so guarantees that we will soar and enjoy great success. Nothing great is ever achieved within one’s comfort zone. Get out of your own way and allow yourself – force yourself to move out of your comfort zone. Moving past your comfort zone may seem risky but the success you are bound to find outside of your comfort zone makes the risk worthwhile. Iyanla Vanzant autographed one of her books for me and here is what she wrote (in 1995): "Carmin, get out of the way and let God bless you!" I didn't know what it meant then but I sure do now!
8. Seek the support of others. You can find wonderful support among your current friends and family. You can also join online groups that involve people just like you who are desire a life similar to yours. You can also hire a personal coach or a business coach. Find a mentor, online or offline. If you can afford it, hire an accountant, a fitness trainer, a nutritionist, a counselor - whoever you think will honestly support you, give needed advice and feedback. Being accountable to another person can make a great difference is moving forward or remaining stagnant.
9. Consistently review your top three desires/goals. Write down your top three goals/desires and read them every day so they remain at the front of your mind. This will give you the energy you need and will help you focus your attention on what matters during your day. Reviewing these desires/goals daily, sometimes several times a day will also help you identify when a presented opportunity is in line with your desires/goals. 10. Intend that your desires/goals benefit others as well as yourself. When you help others, you will experience a powerful surge of energy. This surge will push you forward to realizing your desires/goals. Even the richest people in the world need to have a passion and cause to fuel them. Why do you think so many wealthy individuals start foundations?
Carmin Wharton is a certified life and business coach to women. Carmin coaches women who find themselves stuck and unable to move forward while trying to achieve a major life or business goal. She also helps women through the beginning phase of starting a business.